I placed another Feelunquie order (gasp) so I’m going to do a little haul & review, as some of the stuff I have already put to use.
- Yes to Tomatoes Clearing Facial Mask – the tomato is a natural source of antioxidants whilst the Aloe Vera soothes and moisturises.
- Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal DIY Powder to Clay Mask – ”detoxify and help clear skin”
I was quite interested in the idea of this; of mixing the mask yourself from the powder provided. All you need is water, as the lid of the product works as a mixing bowl and there is a built in spoon provided. However, the reality was not as much fun as I had thought, it was very messy and having obviously added more water than I was suppose to, despite filling it to where indicated, I ended up using a lot more powder to turn it from a liquid to a thicker, normal mask consistency. Once on it felt fine, no stinging or unpleasant feeling until it became dry at which point it felt tight but no more than normally experienced with masks like these. When I removed it though my skin was very red and sore, I ended up drowning my face in Caudalie Beauty Elixir to try and soothe the pain I felt. The redness reduced after around half an hour, but even then my skin was still tender and tight. Granted it looked really good for days afterwards, very clean and pores diminished but I’m not sure it was worth the reaction. If you have sensitive skin, even slightly sensitive, I probably wouldn’t advise using this mask. Although I have read good things about the Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask which I’m assuming is basically the same product, but ready mixed… Maybe I’m allergic to tomatoes as a lot of the reviews I’ve read on this product are positive..?? I will use it again, and if I find that using it for less time doesn’t cause this reaction I’ll come back and add an edit to this post.
- Elegant Touch, Coral – As you can see in this post, I quickly became fond of these fake nails, and as I am *hopefully* going on holiday soon, I thought these would work great; bright colour and shorter length making them easier to use and hopefully less likely to knock off.
- Real Techniques, Eyes – I love every brush and sponge I’ve bought from RT and decided I should buy their eye brushes too, as the ones I currently use I don’t believe the brand still exists..? They were smaller than I expected but I am sure they will work just as brilliantly as everything else from the brand.
- Maybelline New York, Brow Satin – ‘‘Set your look with Maybelline New York’s first-of-its-kind gel pen then fill the gaps with cream powder that blends seamlessly for your natural and fuller looking brows.”
I already LOVE this, the pencil works brilliantly, creating very natural hair strokes, don’t be disheartened if you swatch it on your hand and find no colour pay off without having to press very hard, for whatever reason I don’t find this the case when actually using it on my brows. Then there is the sponge with the powder pigment which I use to just sweep over to darken the colour of my natural brow hair.
- Bourjois, Radiance Reveal Concealer – This is another product which has quickly become a favourite, it looks beautiful under your eyes, blends well, has good lasting power and overall just really brightens up your face, making you appear well rested. I think the packaging is really sweet too, in my opinion it looks more expensive than it is.
What other products should I look into? Have you tried Yes to Tomatoes? What was your experience?